Tuesday, January 27, 2015

6 Months old

Way back at the beginning of the month, William turned 6 months old!  He weighed 18lb 2oz (around 75th percentile) and was 26in tall (25th percentile).  He is gaining weight really well, but didn't grow quite as tall.  He is one solid little man!  Everything went well at his checkup, and he did fine with his shots. 
Big Man

He smiles so much!

Of course, Eliana wanted to join in!

You might think this is really sweet, like William is giving Eliana a kiss, but really he is trying to eat her face.
And now that William is six months old, we started some solid food with him!  First I gave him rice cereal mixed with breastmilk.  He wasn't such a fan at first, but now he likes it.  Although what he really loves is fruits and veggies.  I can't hardly feed him enough!  I have been making some baby food at home.  So far, William has had squash, green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potato, rutabaga, apple, pear, and banana.  Last night with dinner, I made roasted parsnips.  I tried to convince Eliana they were just like french fries.  She didn't buy it, even when dunked in ketchup.  However, I saved some of the parsnips for William.  I just boiled them until tender, pureed them, and it was a hit!  It has been fun trying out different foods to offer to William.  A lot of times he makes a funny face the first time he tries a new food.  But he just keeps eating it.  I crack up watching him eat!
First bites of rice cereal.  It actually made him cry.  I think he was thinking, "Why is she feeding me this milk with a spoon?  Where is my bottle?"


Now he gets really excited about going in his high chair.  I sign "Eat" to him, and he gets super happy and smilely, like he is saying, "Bring it on!"

Eating at Grandma's house.

Messy boy

Post squash and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment