Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Homestead

David's grandfather passed away last year, and his parents have inherited his house.  So now they are working on fixing up the "homestead" and hope to move in sometime soon.  The house and land itself is beautiful and full of treasures.  However, I do not envy them in cleaning up and modernizing this wonderful family home.  I had not been over to the homestead in many years, so I was excited to see the house and the progress that had been made.  William enjoyed playing outside while Eliana loved checking out the barn and tractors.  I spent most of my time admiring the art and antiques inside the house.  The history there is just amazing.  I am really looking forward to the day we can go to visit Grandmama and Grandpa Bond at the Homestead and run around Grandpa's childhood home.

Look at that love!

Grandfather's house - now The Homestead

Eliana going with Daddy to check out the barn.  They used to have horses!  I am hoping Eliana is getting a pony for her birthday ;)

Eliana didn't want to be in this picture at first, but then snuck in at the last minute.

Checking out the barn with Uncle Ray.  Those are the horse stalls on the left.

Driving the old tractor, with the fancy new one in the background.

Love
David and I actually went on a date once at this house probably about 9 years ago.  We stopped in to say hi to Grandfather, then had a picnic in the yard.  David showed me the land including a field out back.  We also checked out the barn that still had horses in it at that time.  It was a great date, and I am really excited about how this place will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment