Monday, December 5, 2016

Rosalie's baptism

Last month the kids and I took a trip to South Bend for my niece Rosalie's baptism.  David was on clinic call, so he had to work and could not leave the city.  We actually had a very uneventful four hour drive to South Bend, with Laney sleeping the entire way.  I was really worried about the drive, but it turned out to not be that bad.  God must have taken pity on me because Laney had stayed up until 3am the night before (aka the morning of...) our trip!  Saturday evening was spent with family, then Sunday was the actual baptism. 

Rebecca and Ben with their daughter Rosalie

That's the gown that I was baptized in!  As were all of the girls in my family, including Eliana.

Rosalie with her Godparents.

Look at this crazy group!  Everyone on my side of the family except for David.  Poor guy, he always misses out on the fun because of work!  Mike, Abby's husband, suggested that we get a cardboard cutout of David to bring with us to such events so that he can be in the pictures.  Ha!

Welcome to the church little one!

My grandma holding Laney with Ben's grandma (I think??) holding Rosie.  Grandma's are good for putting babies to sleep!  And Eliana insisted on hopping in the picture and showing off her gift she had gotten that day.

Magdalena and Rosalie.  These cousins are just 19 days apart! Laney was 5 1/2 weeks old and Rosie was just over 8 weeks old.  While they are fairly close in weight, Rosie is much longer than Laney!

No comments:

Post a Comment