Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Camera trouble and a trip to the park

I haven't been blogging recently because I have been dealing with camera trouble or more specifically SD card troubles.  I have been trying to get pictures off of my camera onto my laptop for several weeks.  I finally figured out that my SD card is corrupted so I had to download a data recovery tool to extract the pictures.  Success!  I have all the pictures off of my camera and I am resigned to just using my iPhone for picture taking for now.  However, that whole process took me several nights of work, which is when I would usually be blogging.  So here is just a really quick note about a trip to the park we took the other day.  We actually went to Fancyburg Park, which I assumed meant we would be playing on the playground.  However, Eliana's new favorite thing is to go on "hikes" through the small wooded area to the side of the playground.  She was the leader, on the lookout for castles and worms.  William was a princess knight looking for swords and shooters. Eliana kept telling him that he was a prince instead of a princess, but William insisted he was a Princess Knight because of some TV show he saw.  I have no idea what he is talking about.

We found a great tree leaning way over that made a perfect seat.  Don't worry, I'm holding Laney's foot out of the picture.

Exploring the woods means looking for worms!  Eliana usually tries to bring them home, but I try to convince her that worms' favorite home is dirt.

She loves worms!

William with his "sword" and "shooter."  He also tries to bring all of his sticks home, but we have a rule that sticks stay outside, just like worms.

We took the wagon to the park this time.  Eliana insisted on bringing lots of stuffed animals.

Walking home, William wanted to pull Laney in the wagon.  He actually pulled her about halfway home (1/4 mile) before he asked to ride in it too. Such a sweet big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment