Thursday, October 12, 2017

Cute things my kids do

*In kindergarten, Eliana has been working on sounding out words to find how they are spelled. She loves to make signs and cards and often asks me to help her write out sentences. Earlier in the month, she was working on a birthday card for our neighbor and we were trying to spell "Happy Birthday to You."  Eliana was doing a good job with the beginning and ending sounds of most words.  Then we got to "you." She hasn't worked as much on vowels yet, so I said "You is kinda tricky, so I might need to spell that."  Eliana stood up straight, pointed to her chest, and very confidently replied, "Not for THIS kindergartner!"

*Have you ever heard of a king cake? I'm not sure why, but I must have told Eliana about them at some point.  Yesterday Eliana and I made pumpkin pie (her favorite).  She asked if she could put a chocolate chip in the pie, then declared that whoever got the piece with the chocolate chip could be king or queen for the day.  So we decided we were making Royalty Pumpkin Pie.  And I'm the one who got the chocolate chip!! Which makes me the queen.

*In gymnastics class that Will and Eliana take, the teacher asks a question at the beginning of class each week.  This week's question was, "What's your favorite day?" Some kids said one holiday or the other. Eliana said, "Easter!" Then on his turn, Will said, "Zoo Day!" I love this answer.  This is just like Will, my little animal lover.  What an awesome answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment