Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Halloween!



I didn't make Eliana a Halloween costume, so I just put her owl hat on for when she greeted the trick-or-treaters at the door.


Looking super cute in her new blue sweater.

Crawling!
And she's off!
Then she came back to say hello.
Wednesday we had our first experience with Halloween and trick-or-treating.  Before this year I have always lived in an apartment and didn't have any kids stop by.  But our neighbors this year said to expect lots of kids so I was really excited.  I dressed up as Minnie Mouse and put Eliana's owl hat on her.  And I had the best bag of goodies -- Halloween tattoos and glow-in-the-dark vampire fangs.  As a person in the medical field trying to promote healthy living, I just felt it wasn't right to hand out candy to kids when they would already have a bag full of sugary treats.  So much to David's dismay, I insisted that we hand out non-candy treats.  He was just hoping our house didn't get egged.  I thought I was prepared.  I had 144 tattoos and fangs.  But half an hour into trick-or-treating, we were completely out!  The kids actually seemed excited about the fangs.  The tattoos, however, were not as popular.  I did have one sweet little boy when I showed him my basket, say, "I want candy."  I am guessing he was about two or three.  And I said "Well I have tattoos instead.  Would you like this pumpkin?"  He replied "What do I do with it?"  So I told him to put in his bag.  His mom then made him say thank you. :)
But soon we ran out of both treats, so sadly I ended up sending David to the store to buy some candy.  I hated handing it out, but I think the kids liked it.  They just didn't know what joy they had missed out on... Maybe next year we can hand out raisins or carrots haha. 

The last four pictures are unrelated to Halloween, but I did want to show off how cute Eliana is looking these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment