Friday, November 9, 2012

Meal Time



Although this picture is really about the broccoli in her hand, I did want to make sure you notice her amazing eyelashes!
"So what has Eliana been eating lately?" I am sure that question has been on your mind.  Well she is eating more and more things every day.  She loves all her baby food jar purees.  She would probably eat ten jars a day if I feed them to her.  My homemade purees, however, she is not such a fan.  I have found some ways to get her to eat them though.  She didn't like the mashed sweet potatoes that I made, but loved them when I mixed it with plain yogurt (even though I thought that tasted pretty strange).  And one of Eliana's favorite breakfasts is "Eggs Florentine."  I make her scrambled eggs with pureed spinach and she loves it!.  But now that she has some teeth and is getting older, I have been moving past purees into more solid food.  Eliana loves things that she can hold and munch on.  She has been eating carrot sticks, apple slices, and steamed broccoli.  She likes hummus, avocados, cottage cheese, and shredded chicken.  She is developing quite a diverse palette.  Her latest talent, which quite surprised me, is drinking from a cup.  Eliana has always been interested in drinking from my glass when I get a cup of water.  So I tried letting her have a cup of her own, and she did great!  She actually drank better from that than she does her sippy cup.  She can hold it and sip from it without any help!  But she is prone to spills.  Oh well, that's what bibs are for.

And now, for your viewing pleasure... check out Eliana dancing to some music while David feeds her!  She loves music and loves to dance!  This was so funny.  She was eating dinner when a song came on with a loud beat.  She would stop eating, bob up and down for a bit, and then stop for another bite.  Then she would dance again.  She thought it was hilarious when we started dancing too.



No comments:

Post a Comment