Friday, May 9, 2014

"I want to be a Star"


Recently we read a book called Dream Big, Little Pig! by Kristi Yamaguchi about Poppy the Pig who wanted to be a star.  Ever since then, Eliana has used the line "because I want to be a star!" as her excuse for doing anything and everything.  In the picture above, Eliana was painting, and I found her painting her face and teeth (yes, teeth).  When I asked her why she was eating the paint, she said "Because I want to be a star!"

"Oh no, Eliana, you had an accident.  Why did you pee in your pants and not in the potty?"
"Because I just want to be a star."

"Eliana, why are you ripping pages out of that book?"
"Because I want to be a star!"

"Eliana, stop poking me in the eye."
"I have to, because I want to be a star!"

The answer to any why question, especially when she is in trouble, is always "I want to be a star!"  I guess Eliana thinks being a star means doing any crazy thing she wants.  Where did she get an idea like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment