Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Easter 2017

David and I both had Easter off this year, so we got to spend it with our families in Indianapolis.  First the kids and I dyed Easter Eggs at home.  It went much better this year than last although we still had several dropped and broken eggs.  My cousin Melissa also gave us two egg cartons full of blown-out eggs.  Because these eggs are hollow with a couple of holes in them, after they are dunked in dye, they drip water.  William thought it was like the eggs were peeing.  For several days after egg dying, he went around saying "I'm an Easter egg! I pee on you! Psssss!"


Will ended the egg dying by putting his egg in the trunk of this car and driving it around the kitchen.
 We spent Saturday with my family at a park, then the kids woke up Easter morning to find their Easter baskets! There was lots of candy, stickers, and gold fish!

Can you tell what was the best part of the basket?

We went to mass with my family Easter morning.  Good looking crew if I do say so myself!
 And for this post's episode of Who Wore It Best?


 Eliana 2012 (4 months)                            Laney 2017 (6 months)

Easter Egg hunt with the cousins, aka my kids versus the 1 year olds!

Eliana got the most eggs by far.


Will tried to play a trick on everyone - he would find the eggs, open them up to take out the candy, and then drop the empty egg back on the ground.

Hannah with her daddy.

Checking out her candy.


Swinging with cousin Claire.

Fun!
William and his Godfather were twins!

After the egg hunt, we went to David's parent's house for some Easter ham with all of his family.  The kids really enjoyed visiting their furry cousins Mindy the dog and Tracey the cat.  We had a lovely time and enjoyed seeing so many family members.

Happy Easter season everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment