Sunday, September 30, 2012

Just because she's beautiful... :)

These pictures are just for fun from one of our days together.  Nothing special, just my beautiful daughter!



A few weekends ago I was driving down the interstate heading to Indiana.  Eliana was in the backseat babbling and laughing at herself in the mirror.  It had been raining in Columbus when I started my drive but now the clouds were clearing and the sun was starting to shine, making the wet world glisten in the sunrise.  And I thought to myself "Could life be any more perfect?"
A little while ago David kindly pointed out to me that I am starting to get some wrinkles around my eyes (and I kindly pointed out to him the grey hair at his temples).  Although I am back to my prepregnancy weight, I am definitely not back to my prepregnancy body.  Most evenings my goal is to go to bed by 9:30pm.  I read books and magazines on raising babies.  I rarely wear makeup and most days I let my hair do what it wants to.  And I am closer to 30 years old than I am to 20.
I think a year ago, these facts would have made me very sad.  When did I become such a grown up?  But on that day, driving to Indy with Eliana in the back seat, I realized that this time in my life is truly beautiful and a blessing from God.  Eliana loves me because I am her mom.  She doesn't care about my little wrinkles or the fact that I don't have a bikini body anymore.  She thinks I'm wonderful because I blow raspberries on her belly and I take her for walks in the stroller and I give my body to feed her.  David doesn't care that I want to go to bed at 9:30 or that I don't have long silky smooth hair like you see in magazines.  He loves me because I'm a good listener and our hands fit perfectly together and I know where he his lost glasses are.  This is real life.  This is love.  This is MY life.  And I'm so very very happy.  God has blessed me abundantly, much more than I deserve, and I thank Him every day for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment