Thursday, September 6, 2012

Picture overview

I think she looks so cute hanging out in the bathroom in her pajamas while I get ready for work.

I love this!

Enjoying the swing - you can really see her teeth in this picture.


At the park.

Her new favorite thing is to stick her tongue out.  She does it all the time!

Another toothy photo

Purple face after eating blueberries.
We've had a lot of change in the past week or two!  David is back to his inpatient rotation with his residency.  That means back to long hours in the hospital, working the weekends and holidays, and lots of stress.  It is hard to share my husband with all those people in the hospital, but I just have to remind myself that he is needed there, and that God is working through him to heal the sick.  He did have this past Sunday off, so David's parents and brother Ray came to Columbus for a wonderful visit.  And they brought with them Eddie the Cat!  We are now the proud pet owners of a handsome black cat (I just realize I haven't taken any pictures of Eddie at our house.  Guess my camera lens only works on Eliana).  Eddie was David's cat from before we were married.  We had him for just a little bit after the wedding, but he was quite destructive and quickly wore out his welcome.  After about two weeks, I shipped him off to David's parents house.  Now with a baby, most of our good things have been put away anyway, so Eddie has come back to live with us.  So far so good.  He has adjusted well and not broken anything yet! 
Last week Eliana started daycare.  We got off to a rocky start with tears from both of us.  However, when I called to check on Eliana a few hours into the first day, I was told she was having a blast and laughing with her new baby friends.  Wednesday went much better without any tears.  She is one of the oldest kids in her class.  However she seems to be making friends with the other kiddos, especially a little boy named Jake who is one and half months younger than her.  I was told that she likes to pat the other babies' faces and tries to hold their hands.  What a social girl we have!  Eliana has been busy growing some teeth.  She now has six big ones!  It's amazing how fast they grow.  These pictures don't even do them justice, and they were just taken last week.  Chewing and drooling is our life right now.  She is constantly sticking her tongue out and feeling all the teeth.  Before, Eliana would always smile if a camera was pointed at her.  Now she just sticks out her tongue!  It's a funny stage, and she is constantly making me laugh.  She is waving a lot and clapping her hands.  And just the other day, she pulled herself up from sitting to standing, twice!  She is going to walk before she can crawl!
As for me, I have just been working like usual.  Things are going well with my job, and I am really enjoying having every other day off.  This week I had to work Tuesday and Wednesday due to the clinic being closed on Monday for Labor Day.  I'm not cut out to work two days in a row anymore!  I need my catch-up day in between.  I think I might be getting spoiled by this job!

1 comment: