Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's day

I had to work on mother's day this year, but just celebrated a day early. The kids were up early for breakfast with mom.  They couldn't wait to give my my presents.  For several days prior they had been hiding things in their closet, first after a shopping trip with Dad, then when they would bring things home from school.  Will and Ana both came home from school and shouted, "Don't look in my backpack Mom!" Then they would run off to their room and hide something in their closet.  So before we could do anything else, they ran to their room and brought out my gifts.
First Eliana gave me a bookmark with a thumbprint flower she made.

Laney gave me a giant smile.

New slippers! Eliana told me it would be like walking on marshmallow stuffed pillows.

Will really did not want me to take his pictures.

After breakfast we took a trip to Goodale Park. It was a lovely sunny day.
Laney swinging.

This is a spinning disc that I can hardly even watch Will do. It makes me motion sick to even look at it!

Stand up teeter totter.

This sweet mermaid loves the slide!


 After the park we took a short walk to North Market for lunch.  It worked out so well because with market style shops, it was easy to get food everyone would like. Plus we ate outside, so Laney could run around a bit without a problem.  Sometimes eating out can be tough with three young ones, but this could not have been more perfect. After lunch was ice cream then naps.
Because I had to work on Sunday, we went to mass Saturday evening. I got to snuggle with my favorite kids during church (even when Laney and I had to take a little break out in the narthex...). To top the evening off, David made dinner and then did all the dishes.  It may have just about been the perfect day.  What a way to feel blessed for Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment