Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shots

Poor Eliana has been miserable.  She cried off and on for a couple of hours last night.  Laying against my chest, she would be sleeping and then out of the blue would start wailing.  She would make the saddest face I have ever seen.  I think she is feeling bad from her shots.  This must be the hardest part of being a parent.  I know she needs her shots and that they are for her good, but how do I explain that to a two month old?  All she knows is that she hurts and doesn't know why.  We were both in tears last night. 

This made me think of how God must be with us sometimes.  He has a great plan for us, for our good, but so often we don't understand.  When we are in pain or something bad happens or things don't go the way we think they should or would like them to, we cry to Him, "Why are you doing this to me?  This is too painful!  Can't we do things my way?"  And God replies, "My child, this is for your good.  You don't understand now, but I have a plan for you and this will help you achieve that perfect plan."  Maybe this is one of the answers to why bad things happen to good people.  How much God must long for us to understand Him and trust Him.  As much as I love Eliana, He loves each of us more.  And as much as I hurt when Eliana cries, He hurts more to see us in pain.  Maybe I don't understand Him, but God does have a plan for my life and sometimes I have to be tested by fire to come out stronger.  Eliana has taught me so much in the little time I have been blessed to have her in my life.  I don't know how anything could change you quite as much as being a parent.  (Or make you appreciate your own parents so much.  I love you Mom and Dad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment