Monday, March 26, 2012

Trips with Eliana

I call this her bulldog face.  (Eliana, please don't hate me when you are older!)


Visiting Aunt Abby
Eliana has taken a couple of trips lately - one to Columbus as we checked out places to live and one to Rockford, IL to visit my sister as she plans her wedding.  This girl HATES rides in the car!  The ride home from Columbus was awful.  She can scream so loud!  I think she was very tired because she had spent all day in the car.  We were stopping every 30 min or so just to get her out of her carseat and calm her down.  Traveling is nearly impossible with Eliana.  So imagine my trepidation to take her with me to visit my sister - a four hour car ride at least.  I figured out a trick though.  If I leave when she is sleeping then we can make it a lot farther before she starts crying.  That means I left Rockford at 6am in the hopes that I could make it mostly home before she woke for the day.  Haha, the things you do when you have kids.
We did have a good trip to visit Abby though.  Eliana rolled over for the first time!  She rolled from her tummy to her back.  I didn't believe it happened and had to check with Abby to make sure she saw it too.  David was funny - when we got home, he said to Eliana, "Why are you doing all your tricks for Aunt Abby and not showing them to me?"  I felt kinda bad about that, but I guess I don't have any control over when she hits her milestones.  She's getting to be such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment