Thursday, October 6, 2016

David went back to work today and Magdalena put on quite a show.  I have been lucky to have David at home for so long - this was the longest paternity leave that he has taken with any of the kids.  He said he is nerous about me being able to take care of three kids on my own.  I said we figured out one, then we figured out two, so I know we will figure out three.  Also luckily today I had our nanny come to help out with the kids.  We are going to continue to pay Teo during my maternity leave so we will just have her come a couple of days a week to help clean up around the house and give me a little bit of a break.  Per her usual, Laney spent the morning napping, so I did as well.  We both got up around 11am, and I fed Magdalena and then held her for a while.  Teo remarked that she was such a good baby - she didn't even cry.  I said, "Oh just you wait until this afternoon.."  And Laney did not disappoint.  About an hour later the fussiness started.  For the next four hours, Laney cried on and off as I nursed her and Teo snuggled her and walked her around the house.  How grateful I am for the help!  On a side note, William has become very much a daddy's boy.  He wants nothing to do with me, so I am sure today was tough on him without David being home.  He doesn't want me to change his diapers, get his milk, or read him books.  When William woke up from his nap, he was crying quite hard.  As I walked in his room, he waved his hand and said, "Not you!!"  and refused to let me get him up from his crib.  So Teo was holding a crying Laney and I was standing next to a crying William.  At that point I just had to laugh.  I thought, boy, this is going to be fun tomorrow when I'm doing it on my own.  What can you do?  Being my third child, at least I have the wisdom to know that these are all phases and they shall pass eventually.  So instead of despairing, I have been able to laugh.  Magdalena has brought such love and joy to our family that even through the tears, I see nothing but blessing. 

Newborn photo shoot




Do you see that dimple?!

worn out


No comments:

Post a Comment