Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pumpkin Patch

On a Friday, Eliana's day off from school, I ventured out of the house with all three kids to a pumpkin patch.  I am still getting used to how long it takes us to do everything!  My goal was to leave the house around 9am but we couldn't make it out the door until a little after 10am.  Hopefully we get a little better at that...

We had  a great time!  This particular farm had just a few things to do - a straw bale maze, a slide, and a corn box.  But that was totally fine with my crew, they enjoyed all of it!  William and Eliana loved running around the straw maze and chasing each other.  They also really liked the corn box and spent a lot of time burying a stuffed kitty cat (Eliana) and filling cars with corn (William).  Magdalena spent all morning sleeping in the carrier.  Laney usually stays up very late at night and then spends most of the morning sleeping.  While that does not let me get a lot of sleep, it does make it a little easier to do things with the big kids.

Sometimes I am so deliriously happy with the three kids that I think I must have lost my mind.  God has blessed us so much, and I can tell the kids, despite their fights and other silliness, really do love each other.  What a fun time this is in our lives.  We get to go to a pumpkin patch together where the kids enjoy just scooping corn and I can snuggle my youngest baby all morning.  The joy my big kids have in these little things brings a huge smile to my face.  This time is so fleeting so I want to soak up every second.

Posing with Grey Stripe the kitty.

scooping corn

Magdalena enjoying the Ergo.

There is a kitty cat buried in that pumpkin head full of corn...

Oh shoot, someone got us with a handful of straw.

Someone woke up to nurse - this is the best she can do for participating in the corn box fun.

William spent a long time picking out his pumpkin.

He finally found the perfect one.

My little pumpkins - love!!

Our pumpkin family.  Sorry David, I couldn't carry another pumpkin so you didn't get one.

William wanted Laney to hold her little pumpkin herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment