Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Eliana's Recommended Reading List

Eliana has been super cute lately and wanting to read books all the time!  The other day at daycare, she pulled all of the balls out of the ball bin and sat in it "reading" a book to herself.  The caregivers said she was so adorable, lounging in the basket, babbling the story out loud.  When she is at home, she will often grab a book, hand it to you, then stand there waving her hands in a "pick me up" fashion.  She is telling you to pick her up and read the book.  I love that she loves to read!  Some of her favorite books lately:

Spot Goes to the Farm by Eric Hill
A great lift the flap book that includes animal sounds.  All of Eliana's favorites!

Trucks by Debbie Powell
A book as basic as it gets but with really colorful, simple pictures.  I was really surprised she liked it so much, but I think the simplicity appeals to her.  Plus it has truck sounds, and Eliana likes it when you make silly sounds.

Love, a Baby Max and Ruby Book by Rosemary Wells
A short rhyming book about the love in a family.  Also has some nice sparkle added to the illustrations.

The Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri
I love the illustrations in the book!  Very visually appealing.  And slightly more interesting for a baby's board book.  I think Eliana likes the repetition in the book. 

Now you know what Eliana has been reading lately!  I feel like I have become quite an expert on children's stories.  A friend of mine said that she wanted to read 12 books this year (a book a month).  And I thought to myself, ha I read 12 books a day!  But I guess she probably meant a book with more than 10 pages...



No comments:

Post a Comment