Sunday, April 7, 2013

Eliana's Second Easter

Hopefully you haven't been too worried about Eliana and her fever, since I didn't ever tell you she was feeling better.  She had a fever as high as 102.7 off and on for three days.  The poor thing looked so miserable.  She had a very runny nose and seemed wiped out.  Tuesday evening we were just sitting on the couch and she was laying on my chest.  Her eyes were watering, her nose was running, and she was drooling from mouth breathing.  She was a wet wet mess.  I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and make her feel all better.  Just as we were getting ready to take her to the pediatrician, she made a turn around and started doing better.  Eliana was able to go back to daycare on Friday (much to my relief and the relief of my coworkers) where she will probably pick up more germs and be sick another day.  It was good that this was a short lived illness because last Sunday was Easter and we had plans to go to Indy to celebrate with my family.  David had to work on Easter, so we left him here in Columbus to care for his patients.

Eliana had a great time celebrating!  She loved hunting Easter eggs.  Each time she grabbed one, she would giggle with joy.  In fact, she just loved to be outside and would laugh just from walking around in the grass. I also had a good time making a basket for her (along with a little help from Grandma Flanigan).  I think you might see my nursing background reflected in her basket.  Probably not too many Easter baskets have a toothbrush in them!

Eliana had so many things, she needed two baskets!

Two toothbrushes and toothpaste.  What a great Easter basket!

Easter morning

Checking out her gifts.

Eliana with her mommy
Eliana in her pretty Easter dress.
Easter Egg hunting!
 Happy Easter!  I hope you can celebrate the joy of Christ's resurrection every day, not just on Easter.  We are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment