Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pool time

Taking a minute to warm up to the pool.

Maybe it is okay as long as I touch it with this shovel.

Okay, now I will touch it with my hand.

Actually this water stuff is pretty fun!
 
Now I'll even stand in the water!  I like the pool!


Eliana and I spent the afternoon playing in the pool in our front yard which she really liked!  As I sat with my feet dipped in the cool water, I thought to myself, "What did I used to do with my time before Eliana?"  Surely whatever it was, was not as meaningful as it is now. What a beautiful day!  I got to spend the afternoon relaxing, listening to Eliana's joyful discovery of a pool full of water.  We splashed and chased balls, and she told me which foot I was allowed to put in the pool.  No work; no cares; no stress.  Just innocent joy.  How lucky am I?  I didn't know that one of the benefits of being a mom is that you get to be a child all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment