Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas Season with the Bonds

Busy busy busy!  I apologize for my lack of posting lately.  Christmas season has come and gone and we have been going nonstop for a while.  Plus throw in a case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease for Christmas and a low grade fever for her birthday for Eliana, a week of travel in Indiana, extra shifts at work, and multiple sleepless nights due to a sick little girl; and I'm beat.  No time for posting pictures of my adorable baby girl.  So here is a quick catch up.  :)
St Nick came to visit us way back on Dec 6th!  Eliana was mad at first that there was an orange in her shoe, but when I explained why, she got very excited.  She took her orange to daycare and told everyone "Nikky put orange in my shoe!"

One of Eliana's favorite parts of the Christmas season is the Nativity set (or "TV set" as she calls it).  She would play with the pieces and move the people and animals all around.  Often she would turn the kings to face the radio to listen to "Jesus songs" (Christmas music).  She likes it even more now that baby Jesus and the manger are in the scene. 
One of Eliana's many Christmas celebrations.  We are David's parents' house in this picture.  Eliana is opening presents with Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Ray.

Eliana loved playing guitar with Uncle Ray.  And I don't know why she has one glowing eye in this picture.

Stacking creation boxes with Grandmama.

Just chilling with Aunt Rhonda, listening to music, petting her new kitty.


We celebrated Eliana's second birthday a little early with David's family.  She is holding her Uncle Ray's old teddy bear and her new Princess Sophia doll.

Eliana likes to talk about how Princess Sophia has curly hair like Mommy, and how she has straight hair like Daddy.

And to top off our busy times, Eliana switched from a crib to her Big Girl Bed yesterday!  So far so good.  She really likes getting to climb into bed all by herself and says "I do it!"  I wasn't sure how she would deal with the change, but this has been better than I could have even wished for.  I hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment