Thursday, September 17, 2015

William gets a haircut

As part of my job, I have to work every third weekend.  That means every third weekend David gets to watch the kids mostly by himself.  On one of my work weekends in August, David decided to take the kids back to Indy to spend time with his family.  I thought William's hair was getting a little long for a little boy, so I asked if he could have his sister Rhonda cut William's hair.  He definitely needed the haircut because the back hair was so long and lots of curls were poking out from behind his ears.  It looked quite messy.  But at the same time, I hated the thought of him getting his hair cut and chopping off his beautiful curls.  Eliana's hair has always been stick straight, just like David's.  But my beautiful little William has thinner, softer hair than Eliana that was getting some curl to it, especially as it got longer.  There is something so adorable about baby curls, so I could hardly stand the thought of cutting them off.  But cut them off we did.

David took William to Great Clips so Rhonda could give him a haircut while they were in Indy.  I was so anxious for them to come home so I could check it out once I got off work.  David said William cried the whole time.  I'm glad I missed out on that.  He also said he saved a lock of William's curls for me for his baby book, but unfortunately I have not been able to find it upon their return.

So now our little baby looks more like a little boy.  He hair really doesn't curl as much with it shorter in the back.  I think he looks pretty handsome.  Here are a couple of after pictures.  It was difficult to get a shot of the back of his head, so I had to wait until we were at a playground and William had other things to look at besides the camera.
William was a little sweaty from playing, but you can see it is shorter.

Big boy!
.


No comments:

Post a Comment