Sunday, May 31, 2020

May Crowning

To celebrate May, the month of Mary, we had a small May Crowning in our backyard Mary Garden. I told Eliana about how growing up, the 2nd graders got to help with the May crowning and were allowed to wear their First Communion dresses. I offered to let her wear her dress for our ceremony, and she was happy to have a chance to put it on. We made a crown out of clovers, while Will and Laney both gathered bouquets of flowers from the yard. After singing "Immaculate Mary" (or listening to it on my phone), Eliana crowned Mary with our flowers. Then we said a prayer and a Hail Mary. We declared Mary the queen of our home. It was a beautiful little prayer time and something that I hope we can do again in the years to come. It took all month, but I finally made time for the May crowning the last day in May!




No comments:

Post a Comment