Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Will’s New Bed

 As our family continues to grow, we are finding creative ways to fit in our little house. The three big kids have been sharing a room for a while now, and we have traded beds around as the kids grew. But with Laney ready for a big bed, we knew we would need more space. The best solution: build up! To free up some floor space for play, replaced Laney's toddler bed with a huge loft bed. Laney took Will's spot on the bottom bunk while Will moved up to the sky.


I had to build the bed around the toddler bed. Note Laney being really helpful in this picture. She has taken one of the boards from the loft bed and balanced it on the frame to make a shelf for her toys. She was not happy with me when I had to take the board back to actually build the loft.



Laney is inspecting my work.
Again, my inspector is making sure I have the screws in tight.

New arrangement! The kids love hanging a blanket from the side of the loft and making the space underneath a cave.

Hopefully this arrangement buys us a little more time in our three bedroom ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment