Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It was such a nice day that Eliana and I decided to go out!  She is all dressed up in her pink bear coat.

I love this picture.

I put Eliana in the Baby Bjorn for our walk.

Today was also bath day!

For the first time ever Eliana did not cry through her entire bath.

"I'm a happy girl!"

All worn out after our big day.
Today is the day that David has to submit his final rank list of residencies.  It is crazy to think that this list will help determine the next three years of our lives.  We have been talking and praying about this list for so long.  And now it is done- the list is in and it is just up to the great and mighty computer matching system.  Alabama still came out number one.  I wonder if that is where we will be?  March 16th we find out.

Eliana and I had a busy day today.  The temperature was in the fifties with sun, so I decided to go on a walk.  After calling a friend to join us with her baby, I dressed Eliana up in her pink coat.  I think she looks so cute in it!  This is only the second time she has worn it.  However, it is still a little big on her, so I think we will get plenty of use out of it this spring.  She looks like my little pink teddy bear.  Lots of people on our walk were admiring her.  I just must have the cutest baby in town.  We walked for a long time - two hours and fifteen minutes.  This is the official start of my Mini Marathon training!

After our walk it was bath time.  Usually I hate giving Eliana a bath because she hates it and screams the whole time.  I feel terrible because she has no idea why I am torturing her like that.  So there Eliana sits in her bouncy seat, cooing and smiling, having a good time, totally unsuspecting of the awfulness that is about to occur.  I pick her up, get her naked, and throw her in this tub of water.  Usually that results in cries that tear at your heart.  But this time she sat there quietly.  I wouldn't go so far as to say she enjoyed it.  But she definitely tolerated it.  I was shocked!  What a gift she gave to mommy today.  I hope this means that soon bath time will be fun.  Maybe she will even want to start playing with her rubber duckies!

Oh, and I forgot to mention yesterday that we went to the breastfeeding support group.  Eliana weighs 12lb 10oz and ate 3 ounces in just twenty minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment