Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's Spring! And Delicious!


In honor of the first day of spring yesterday, I post these pictures from a couple of weeks ago.  They seem very appropriate since it is snowing here in Columbus.  It was 20*F this morning and snowing off and on all day!  Spring, you are welcome to show up any time please.  These pictures were from a weekend a little while ago.  It was snowing, but it wasn't too cold.  Just beautiful.  So we bundled Eliana up and wrapped her like a mummy in her stroller, and we walked to Katalina's for breakfast.  That is our favorite neighbor place to go.  I highly recommend the Pancake Balls, if you are ever in Columbus.  It was a wonderful morning spent together in the snow!

I felt compelled to blog tonight because I quite possibly made the best dinner ever (yes even better than the time I made fish tacos).  I say this because not only did I think it was tasty, but so did Eliana AND David!  That pretty much never ever happens.  It was so good that only two pieces of broccoli and one noodle ended up on the floor, which is a record for Eliana.  It was so good that Eliana cleared her bowl and asked for seconds!  Ok, enough with the suspense.  What was this amazing dish?  Chicken and broccoli mac 'n cheese!  Simple?  Yes I know.  Healthy?  Well, kinda.  Delicious?  Absolutely!!  It was so easy to make, all from scratch, and loved by all.  Pretty much the perfect family meal.   And way better than anything you could make from a box.



Eliana thought it was so good, she should rub some of the cheese in her hair.

This meal was inspired by a recipe in the book Baby Love by Norah O'Donnell and Chef Geoff Tracy.  It is a cookbook for your baby and toddler.  I've actually made quite a few meals from it this week.  While we are past the puree part, the toddler recipes have been a hit with Eliana.  I like this cookbook because the last part has recipes for your toddler but include ways to modify them to work for Mom and Dad too.  For the  Mac 'N Cheese recipe, I just added in the chicken and broccoli as suggested for the modification and gave them to Eliana too.  I just made sure her broccoli and chicken were cut into smaller pieces.  If you are interested in the recipe, just let me know and I will send it your way!  To all you moms out there, I just borrowed this book from the library.  It's pretty good.  You should check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I want the recipe! Maybe we should do a "mom/hubby/kid approved" recipe swap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we should! You should definitely send me your favorite recipe.

    ReplyDelete