Thursday, May 23, 2013

My big girl

When I dropped Eliana off at the Kids Klub at the gym today, she ran off to play without a glance back.  Not so much as a wave or a kiss or a look to say, "See you later Mom, I'm off to have fun."  I know it seems really silly and insignificant, but I almost cried (yep, at the gym!).  I went back to work when she was three months old, and I now drop her off at daycare three days a week.  At first she would cry when I left, then she would be okay with me leaving but would always blow me a kiss and wave.  Not today though.  She just ran out of my arms and into the chaos of children playing.  You would think I would be happy that she is independent and able to run off to play with her friends at daycare or the Kids Klub.  And I am happy for her.  But I also see this as a sign that she is growing up.  She needs me a little less.  She's becoming a Big Girl.  When she was born, I was her whole world.  Now I'm just a part of the many pieces of her world.  I'm not ready for her to grow up yet.  She needs to stay small for a little longer. 

... Crazy how I am picturing her high school graduation and her moving away to California just from a little missing kiss goodbye!

My Big Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment