Sunday, October 6, 2013

10K Race

Yesterday I ran in the Run Like a Girl 10K race.  I have done the Indianapolis Mini Marathon multiple times, and I wanted to try a slightly shorter distance to see how fast I could go.  This was my first timed race besides the Mini, and I had a really good time!  I have always enjoyed running the Mini Marathon, perhaps because I always know lots of people doing it, but usually around mile 9 or 10, I start to get really worn out.  I just want the race to be over and pray that my legs don't fall off somewhere in the next three miles until the finish line.  So I thought perhaps a 10K (6.2 miles) would fit my abilities and endurance a little better.  After the race yesterday, I have to say it is a much better distance to run! I had been training pretty well until the last two weeks (I know, not a good time to stop training...).  Originally my goal was a 9 min/mile but come race day I knew that was probably pretty ambitious.  I ended up completing the race with a finishing time of 57:49 (right under my modified goal of 58 minutes!).  That is a 9:20min/mile.  I was pretty happy with that time, and even happier that my legs felt good after the race.  David and Eliana met me at the end of the race, and I gave Eliana my medal (the pink ribbon in the picture).  Then she wanted my headband too, so you can see her styling that in the picture also.  I don't know that I will be signing up for any more races for a while, but I definitely had fun doing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment