Sunday, October 20, 2013

Freeman's Farm

Last weekend Eliana and I went to Freeman's Farm Fall Festival to visit another pumpkin patch, this time with some of her good friends from daycare.  Eliana, Jake, and Jack are the three amigos in her class.  They have been together since Eliana started daycare in the infant room and then all transitioned to the toddler room together.  We talk about Jake and Jack ALL the time at home.  Just mentioning their names can stop a tantrum or meltdown in the mornings while getting ready.  It was a lot of fun to see them all together, as usually I just get a glimpse of their friendship during drop off or pick up on the days I work.  I also enjoyed talking to their moms and hearing about the things they like to do together on their days at home.  The farm festival was a hit, especially the tractor and the hayride.  Although weather was a little dark and wet, we still had fun. 
Eliana, Jack, and Jake chasing the farm's dog.

The petting zoo wasn't that interesting (you couldn't actually pet any of the animals) but they liked it for a few minutes.


This picture cracks me up.  Eliana and Jack were dancing.  I think she is practicing some moves for my brother's upcoming wedding.

She really liked sitting on the tractor!

Freeman's had a little country store that we visited.  Eliana wanted to sit with Jack in the cart (which is amazing as she never wants to when I take her grocery shopping).  When it was time to say goodbye, she gave Jack a big hug and a BIG KISS!  Uh oh.

Just a little under 3 feet.

Is this not adorable?!

We bought a little pumpkin and a couple of gourds.  Eliana wanted a "baby gourd" so I found a very small one.  I was planning on just buying the one, but then she wanted the "mommy gourd" so I found a slightly bigger one and couldn't resist buying her that one too.  She seems to like them!  Even now, she still plays with her mommy and baby gourds.

No comments:

Post a Comment