Monday, July 7, 2014

Pre Baby Fun

For those dedicated followers of our family's blog, I am sure you are eagerly anticipating a post about baby William.  However, in the interest of chronological continuity, I wanted to post a couple of things about Eliana before William came along.

Our new house is just two blocks away from a really nice park (one we used to drive for fifteen minutes to visit).  We have been walking to the park as often as possible.  And one of the best parts is that this park is also just a couple of blocks away from Eliana's good friend Adele.  So the two girls have been spending lots of time playing together.  Two weeks ago I spent an hour walking the trail around the park hoping to get labor going with William.  (I put myself on a strict hour a day walk regimen starting at 39 weeks.  Ten days later I finally went into labor, so I don't know if it helped.  But at least I got outside for a little bit...)




Eliana and Adele running around on the bridge.


Eliana and Adele, two peas in a pod.

Eliana has been loving our new backyard.  She has tons of room to run around, plus a sandbox, pool, and slide to play on.  She also likes to "help" me in the garden by picking up clumps of dirt and breaking them into smaller clumps.

Playing in her new baby pool


Another walk along the Scioto River (part of my hour a day walking plan).  This park along the river would be a lot nicer if they actually had a walking trail.  Instead you just walk along a small road within the park that cars occasionally drive along.  Oh well.  Eliana loved watching the boats drive by on the river. 

The day before my due date.

Eliana wanted to walk too

This was her "running."  Quite determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment