Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Indy Time: Day One

While David is on his very busy Acute Coronary Syndrome inpatient service, I decided to take the kids to Indy for a while to stay with my parents and visit some friends back home.  To start off the trip, we actually traveled to Batesville, IN to my mom's family farm.  The initial drive went better than I expected.  If you drive straight through from our house to the farm, it should take about 2 hr 15 min.  We made the trip in 3hr 30 min with two potty stops and a meal break for William.  Ah, traveling with a baby and toddler, so fun!  But I am really proud of my big girl for staying dry the whole time.  This is the first long car ride that we have attempted in underwear, and she was great!  Although she figured out near the end that if she said she had to go potty, we would stop and get out of the van. So she started saying she had to go potty all the time.  Very tricky!  We saw lots of family at the farm, and Eliana had a great time playing with all of her little second cousins.  William spent lots of time in the kitchen being held by the "old women" (their phrase, not mine).

Allie, Anna, Jeremy, and Tommy.  Jeremy was so proud of the tree he knocked down.  He carried this around for most of the afternoon.


William with my Aunt Dorine

The "old women": Aunt Barb, Aunt Ceily, my mom, Aunt Rita, and Aunt Karen.  Sorry Aunt Dorine, you didn't fit in the picture.

Eliana on the teeter totter.  I love this picture!

Swinging with friends

Uncle Raymond holding William.  The oldest Retzner with the newest one.

Or is this technically the newest Retzner?  My little sister's new hubby.  I think this picture looks like an advertisement for Workday At The Farm.

The farmhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment