Thursday, April 16, 2015

Dance class

Eliana and Adele with Miss Maggie.  They were walking in a circle working on kicks.  Claire is the little girl in dark pink.
 Eliana is taking a new dance class and loving it!  I wasn't sure about signing her up because she didn't like tumbling class at all.  However, when I asked her about it, she was so excited!  She wanted to know if she could go that very day!  I should have known she would like ballet class since she is going to be a ballerina when she grows up!  Eliana has been excited about every aspect of the class from shopping for leotards to getting dance shoes to going to class.  She actually gets ready for the class in a hurry because she can't wait to go (which she never does for anything else) and she will ask me about dance class throughout the week to see when it will be time to go again.  During class, i was really impressed by how well Eliana followed directions and did the dance moves.  Miss Maggie, her instructor is great.  Dance class for 3 and 4 years is probably a little like herding cats, but she is really good at getting the little girls to follow some sort of structure and all participate.  I think it is really neat watching Eliana grow up and develop interests of her own.  I took a lot of art classes and music classes as a kid, which I kind of pictured Eliana doing too.  I would have never though to sign her up for dance class if my friend Melissa (Claire's mom) had not suggested it.  I'm really glad she did.
Eliana pointing her toes and touching her nose to her knees.  Adele didn't want to participate during this part...

She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment