Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter!

Christ is Risen, Alleluia!

I hope you all had a very Blessed Easter.  Because I had to work on Saturday night, we stayed in Columbus and celebrated together as a family.  I was supposed to work from 7pm to 7am, but the NICU was very busy and short staffed, so I ended up working a 16 hour shift from 7pm to 11am.  I felt horrible for messing up our Easter celebrations as a family, but I had to do what was best for the little babies I care for at work.  David is an amazing man and really made the day special.  He just took over and kept the kids entertained, gave them their Easter baskets, and got them ready for church all by himself.  We went to mass at noon after I got home which went surprising well.  Then I snoozed a little on the couch while Eliana watched her Easter movie, William napped, and David made dinner.  David prepared an amazing Easter feast for us - roast beef, mashed potatoes, rainbow chard, beets, and Yorkshire pudding.  I really think I should be the one who works full time and David be the stay at home parent!  We would definitely eat better.  Despite my bad work schedule, we had a great day!

We met the Easter Bunny at the St. Brendan's Bunny Hop

Both kids really liked him!

Eliana coloring with her friend Claire in the background

My handsome boys on Easter day.

Easter baskets

enjoying some bunny crackers

Eliana is helping William enjoy some bunny crackers


David was quite proud of this meal.

A feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment