Friday, August 7, 2015

More Hocking Hills Vacation

I love nature and thought Hocking Hills looked especially beautiful in July when we went because of all the rain we had had lately, so the pictures are never ending. 

On Friday afternoon, we had a "sibling walk" to Rock House.  Eliana and my mom actually came along with us, but Eliana feel asleep in the van on the drive to the park.  My mom offered to stay in the van with her (luckily it was drizzling lightly and not very hot) while she napped, and the four of us continued on.  I could not believe how green everything was!  The rock cliffs were so covered in ferns that they looked like a green waterfall.  Amazing!
Rock House is a large cave on the side of the cliff.  This picture is from inside the cave with Rebecca standing on the edge.  After I took this picture, I made Rebecca come back into the cave because she was making my overactive mom fears go crazy.

Rebecca, Michael, Abby, and me

I have never seen Hocking Hills like this before!

The fun we had at dinner on the porch.

This was the more boring table.

We celebrated William's birthday for the third time with some delicious brownies made by my mom.

William was even willing to put down his corn on the cob to eat a brownie.

Love my big boy!

The next day everyone came out for an "early" morning hike - early meaning those without children had to get up before lunch (but still late enough for William to have already had his morning nap -it's like children are their own time zone).  We went to Ash Cave, a very easy walk to a great big sandy bottomed cave.  I didn't get a picture of us all at the cave, but I did take a few of the walk back.  Some of the group continued hiking out above the cave, but the kids, my parents, Abby, and I all headed back to the cabin. 
Dad carried William.  They had a great time together.

Eliana didn't want to walk on the paved path.  She preferred the wandering creek next to the trail instead.
 William's birthday was split in two parts due to his early bedtime.  Earlier in June, Eliana said that William needed a pinata for his birthday (probably from watching Dora the Explorer).  My mom and sister were happy to oblige.  They got a really cute lion pinata that said 1st birthday. 
It had two ways to break it open - by pulling the stings, one of which opened the trap door at the bottom...

or by hitting it with a broom!

William showing off his prizes!
Last picture - I insisted on this one before anyone could leave at the end of vacation:


No comments:

Post a Comment