Friday, May 6, 2016

Firefly Play Cafe

One our true favorites, Firefly Play Cafe was our destination of choice on a free day.  We had not been there for quite some time, and William has grown so much.  Perhaps it was the influence of the trampoline park, but he has grown to love the bounce house as much as Eliana does.  While he still cannot actually jump, he does enjoy kind of prancing around in the bouncy house with Eliana in a modified walk/skip/jump.

Perhaps I am extra emotional lately, but I teared up watching the kids play together at Firefly.  Watching them jump together made me think of how much they have grown and how small Eliana was the first time I brought her there.  Firefly is kinda where it all started for me in Columbus - it is where I met up with Morgan and was then introduced to Angela and Holly for the first time.  Four years later, our babies are all 4 years old, in preschool, and are best friends.  How did I go from one baby not even able to crawl to two big kids?  I love William and Eliana, and watching their personalities grow and blossom.  Time flies by!

(By the way, this isn't the only time I have teared up lately.  Earlier this week, I dropped Eliana off at preschool and started crying over the "getting ready for kindergarten" display.  William kept saying, "Mommy sad!" And Eliana still has another year of preschool left!)

Bouncy House



Eliana spent much of her time hiding out in this little space with a mommy fox and a baby fox.  It was like she was in her own little nest, or fox's den.

So William explored the rest of Firefly on his own. Climbing high to play with magnets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment