Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where we are



A quick update so you know where we are and where we are heading!  Eliana is growing like a weed and doing new stuff all the time.  She has become very giggly, especially in the mornings.  (In fact, most mornings she wakes up laughing, not crying!)  David and I are both amazed by how cute and fun she is.  Of course, we are a little biased.  She really likes to stand when you hold her arms and she loves the "other baby" that lives in our mirror.  Being the beauty that she is, Eliana has several suitors.  There is Leo, the 10 month old who belongs to our friend Deanna.  She gets to hang out with him a lot because Deanna watched Eliana when I work.  Then there is Benjamin, a 5 month old whom she met in Mommy and Me yoga.  Ben is super cute but a little on the small side, so Eliana might be a little too big for him.  And then the other Benjamin, the 4 month old son of our friend Jessica.  Eliana is quickly gaining on Bennie too.  Unfortunately for her, Eliana is not allowed to date until she is 25.  So her suitors will need quite a bit of patience and dedication. 
David is finishing his last month of classes.  Right now he is taking sports medicine at an outpatient clinic.  This rotation has been really light, so we have gotten to spend a lot of time together.  He doesn't have anything for May and will be graduating May 12th.  At that point, he will become Dr. David Bond!  Five years of very hard work all paying off.
I now have my Ohio nursing license so I am applying for jobs in Columbus.  I would love to find something on day shift, but that is hard to come by!  Right now I am mostly looking for jobs in either adult critical care or in neonatal intensive care.  I'm not in too big of a rush to find a job yet because we have a little time before we move.
David and I went to Columbus several times and I think we have found a house to rent.  It is in the area called Victorian Village, which is full of cute older home.  It is withing walking distance to a big park, grocery store, and most importantly, the medical center at Ohio State.  If David felt so motivated, he could walk or ride his bike to work.  We will see how long that lasts though once it gets cold out...  I think we will be moving sometime in either late May or early June, depending on whether or not I find a job in the next few weeks.  It is so sad to think that in just a few weeks, we will be moving away from all the friends and family we have here.  I'm going to miss it so much!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad that moving day is approaching so quickly. Let me know when we can do dinner; I need some more baby cuddling time while she's little! I'm happy that you guys are just in Ohio; it could have been much further. Let me know when you're free. :)

    ReplyDelete