Thursday, June 7, 2012

Settling In

For some reason, she loves sitting in her high chair

You know we are at home by the cloth diapers on the line.

Celebrating our two year anniversary.


Getting ready for bath time

Eliana liked having a duck join her for bath time.

The rest of the duckies are watching and wishing they could join too.
So we are starting to settle into our new space in Columbus.  This really has been a fun time.  We have a couple of weeks before David starts his residency and I am (mostly) not working.  It kinda feels like we are on a vacation, with just a bit of stress added in from unpacking.  Our new home is smaller than the apartment that we rented in Indianapolis, so we have been trying to weed through our stuff and really focus on what we need and what we can live without.  Also, we have been doing a lot of Craigslist-ing (is that how you make Craigslist into a verb?).  I have been out buying everyone else's small stuff and selling our big things.  I feel like I have been at a giant swap meet.  You take my desk, I'll take your chairs...

Our two year anniversary was on Tuesday.  We celebrated a little differently than I would have planned.  Originally, I had asked my brother Michael if he could watch Eliana so David and I could go out to dinner.  But then my mom was in town for the afternoon, so we spent most of that time working on the house.  As the evening went on, it was getting too late to really go out, plus I wanted to spend time with my mom and brother since they were here.  So we ended up just getting Chinese and eating at home with all five of us.  David gave Eliana a fortune cookie to munch on, which she of course loved.  Crazy girl.  Since that day was more work and family time, we ended up celebrating our anniversary today.  This morning, we took a walk with Eliana to a local outdoor cafe called Katalina's.  They are famous for their Sweddish Pancake Balls, which I obviously could not say no to.  I got the Nutella balls, and they were so good!  David got green eggs and ham, and we had such a nice breakfast.  I love taking walks with David and Eliana around Victorian Village.  There are so many cute houses and lots of character all around us.  We spent most of the day building, tearing apart, and rebuilding our IKEA wardrobes.  Then David made a delicious dinner of spaghetti and meatballs that we enjoyed with some wine.  Instead of a night out on the town, we just had a night at home with Eliana.  But it was perfect.  After being together for over six years, our lives might be different, but they are different in a good way!

One last note, Eliana has a second tooth about to come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment