Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Big 3-0!

Oh no, look who is thirty!  My wonderful husband just celebrated his 30th birthday.  What an old man! :)

Despite the fact that David thought that I had forgot his birthday (which in fact I had not), we celebrated in exuberant fashion with no less than four birthday parties!  This was not a birthDAY, but rather a birthWEEK.  I think David had a great time celebrating with everyone, especially when we went to Indianapolis to spend time with his family.  Here are a few pics of our merriment:


The week started off with a surprise birthday party with David's friends from his residency.

David got a birthday card that sings.  I think Eliana appreciated it a little more than David did.


Getting some cake from Nikita.

Another birthday celebration, this time with some friends with kids that we hang out with a lot.  I made German Chocolate cake.  Beautiful, right?  This was before we cut it.  Eliana did help me with the candles, but the falling side was all my own.

Funny story - Eliana knows that she likes chocolate cake, so she kept thinking she liked this birthday cake.  But I think she really did not like the German Chocolate, because every time she got a piece, she would take one bite, say "Yum!" and then not eat any more.  She really wanted to like it though!

In Indianapolis with David's friend Angelo who is holding William.  Angelo also celebrated his 30th birthday earlier in the month.

His birthday is not complete without an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. 

Celebrating with the whole family.  Rhonda came too, but unfortunately she had to go to work before the cake.

God sure blessed us all 30 years ago when he gave us David! 

No comments:

Post a Comment