Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Trunk or Treat at St. Brendan's

Our church had Trunk or Treat this evening, and since I have to work on Halloween, this was a great chance for me to take the kids trick or treating.  Eliana wanted to be a purple kitty cat, and she wanted William to be a skunk.  I might have stayed up way past my bedtime last night working on costumes, but I got them done!  William was a hit!  Lots of people commented on our stinky little man.  Eliana was not so impressed with her costume.  After I made it, she told me that she wanted pants, she wanted a pink belly, and that she didn't like the ears... Oh well.  I thought she looked cute.  The most important thing though was she had fun.  At first she was a little intimidated and held my hand tightly.  After just a few "trunks", she really started to enjoy herself and would run up to the next person, saying "Trick or Treat!" without me even prompting.  She had a huge smile on her face.  I loved watching her.  And I'm so grateful that we had this event at our church so I didn't have to miss this experience.  When we got home, William was so tired and hungry.  Eliana took advantage of that moment, and plopped herself on the floor to dig into her big bucket of goodies.  Lucky for me, she had some trouble getting the wrappers off.  Once William was in bed, I found Eliana with chocolate all over her face, about three candy wrappers on the floor, and about five more pieces of candy still in their wrappers but covered in slobber...

And tomorrow she gets to have a Halloween party at preschool and wear her kitty cat costume again.  I love watching her grow up!

Eating some candy at the end of Trunk or Treating.

Oh, then a skunk came to steal some candy while Eliana wasn't looking.

Not just any skunk.  But the cutest skunk ever!

Ahhh, I love this kid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment