Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Haircuts by Mommy

Boys need to get their hair cut a lot!  I feel like just a few weeks after a haircut, William needs one again.  Going to Cookie Cutters once a month can get expensive, so for Christmas, I asked for a pair of hair cutting scissors.  Yesterday was my first attempt at cutting his hair.  I actually had William sit in my lap while I cut his hair, so he was very calm.  For my first attempt and cutting his hair at such an awkward angle, I think it didn't turn out too bad.  The ears are definitely the hardest park.  Luckily my client isn't too harsh of a critic.  I think I will take him back to Cookie Cutters next time to straighten things up, then do it myself again.  Maybe William will get better at sitting still and I will get better at cutting.


The good side.  Don't look at his other ear.  On the plus side, I managed not to cut his ear!

Bonus Pictures:

Selfie after David's work holiday party.

With my favorite girl
 And bonus funny story: Around 100 people attended David's work holiday party at a local restaurant near our house.  The next few days approxiamtely 50 people came down with gastroenteritis (Thank you God, none of our family).  As chief, it is David's job to make sure all services run by the residents are covered, so he has to deal with sick calls.  He said it was an absolute nightmare trying to get all of the most important services covered with so many ill calls.  After an investigation by the department of health, it was determined that doctors just aren't very good at washing their hands (ewww).  I bet the hospital regretted hosted that party.



Then here is a picture of Eliana showing off the house she and I made together with her new Lincoln Logs.  She called it the chair house, because the front porch looks like a chair. Old fashioned Christmas fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment