Saturday, August 4, 2012

7 months old!

Sitting up and playing with her favorite toy (the coffee can).

These bear pictures are getting a little harder to take.



Of course, she had to take a bite out of the bear.


By my own estimates, at 7 months, Eliana weighs 18.5lbs and is 27.5in long.  I wonder how accurate a bathroom scale is for a baby sitting on it?  What's Eliana up to?  Let's see... She sits up all the time.  She can scoot backwards when she is on her tummy (but doesn't even act interested in trying to crawl forward).  She loves stroller rides and her letter links toys.  She hates grass and hates having the sun in her eyes.  Everything goes in her month and so far the only food I have found that she doesn't like is refried beans (We ate them for dinner last night and Eliana seemed interested, so I tried them out.  She was interested right up until she tasted them).  Eliana is really good at picking things up and has a pretty strong grip (she held onto a 1lb bag of peas without difficulty!).  She is very good at unfolding laundry but not so good at putting it back.  She likes bath time, especially eating her washcloth.  And she loves to play outside on a blanket. 

On her 7th month birthday, we went to the Ohio State Fair.  However, I can't find my camera right now, so I will have to post those pics once it is located.

I'm full swing into my job now working part time at the Infusion Clinic at Nationwide Children's hospital.  I really like the nurses and aids that I am working with.  They are all very experienced and have been working in the clinic for a long time.  In fact, they had to write a new orientation manual for me because they couldn't find one from the last time someone was a new hire.  For most of the nurses I am working with, I am the age of their children and they have grandkids Eliana's age (or older)!

David is done with his ICU rotation, and is now doing outpatient clinic along with the GI clinic.  Although the clinic has slightly less hours than the ICU, David so far doesn't like it as much.  The clinic is a lot of paperwork and less actual patient care.  But I am excited because he has three out of four weekends off so I will actually get to see him!  I tried to get David to write a guest post on the blog about how his new job is, but he didn't seem interested.  So, sorry for all you readers out there, you will have to just take my summary of things for David.

Everyone is getting up now.  I'm off to make omelets and waffles.  Hopefully later you can see some pics of Eliana at the petting zoo at the fair!

2 comments:

  1. Dang, you get up early! Glad to read that everyone's doing well and getting bigger! Hope David's next rotation is a better fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm LOVING these posts because I feel like I can still live life with you! Think of you all the time! Much love to the Bond family!

    ReplyDelete