Friday, August 10, 2012

What we've been eating lately

Our first attempt at finger foods.  Eliana is eating watermelon.

Eating might be a generous phrase.  She pretty much held the watermelon and then smashed it in her fingers.

"Should I eat this or just push it around?"
Watermelon face.


   
Eventually I took over and started putting the watermelon in her mouth.  She actually ate it then and seemed to like it!  Next step is to figure out how to transfer it to her mouth herself.

My first attempt at make baby food = broccoli puree. Yum!
Eliana has been eating purees for a little while now, but she has mostly been getting jar baby food.  But the past few days we have tried out a few homemade solids.  First I gave her watermelon cut into tiny pieces.  She did pretty well with it as long as I feed it to her.  Then I made our first puree.  David and I had steamed broccoli with dinner, so I just took a few pieces and put them in my mini food processor and made some for Eliana.  It wasn't until after we started feeding her that David questioned me, "Should we be feeding her broccoli?  Isn't it supposed to cause gas or something?"  Uh oh, I totally didn't think of that.  Chalk it up to being first time parents.  She of course liked the taste.  I guess we will just see how she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment