Saturday, February 22, 2014

CCWC

Today I went to the Columbus Catholic Women's Conference, and it was just what my soul needed to hear.  I have really been struggling with Eliana not sleeping, being pregnant, and David working long hours and not being home at night while working night shift.  This conference was absolutely beautiful and uplifting.  The Holy Spirit was definitely at work today transforming me and leading me back to God.

One of the speakers today, Kimberly Hahn, spoke about our vocations in life.  She said that my vocation is not marriage in general.  My vocation is David.  My path to holiness and heaven is not around David, but rather through him.  It is a simple message, but carries so much meaning.  In the stress of sleepless nights and raising a toddler, I had lost sight of that.  I was fighting with David instead of working with him and traveling together on this journey of parenthood.

The beautiful speakers at this conference have helped me change my despair into hope.  I can trust in the Lord to be my strength.  Even when I feel alone at night with a screaming little girl while David works at the hospital, I am not really alone.  Christ is there with me, giving me the strength I do not possess on my own.  This time of trial is a reminder to me of my dependence on the Father.  It is through my family that I will be led back to my Savior and recognize my utter need for him.  Amen!

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.'  I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.  Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor 9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment