Thursday, February 20, 2014

My special Valentine, plus an ice cream treat

For Valentine's Day, Eliana made cards for everyone in her daycare class.  She had a blast making them! 

This was a fantastic project.  First I let her use the scissors to make little cuts on a piece of paper while I cut out circles and hearts.  Then I drew smiley faces on them (the smiles on the hearts were her idea).  Then either she or I would glue them to the purple card.  And she topped them off by drawing on them with her favorite purple pen.  Great project to keep Eliana entertained, and we ended up with really cool personalized cards.
Eliana decided to put a frowny face on this heart (can you tell with the down lines on the mouth?).  Funny enough, this is the card that ended up in her own Valentine's bag. 
This picture is from today, and shows that I am the Best Mom Ever!  As a special treat, Eliana and I got ice cream from DQ today.  She was very excited about the sprinkles, although she found the ice cream was a little too cold.  There might be a little stress eating going on here, as we are now onto the seventh night of Eliana's sleep strike.  When she woke up at 3:50 this morning and didn't want to go back to bed, we both were in tears.  Praying for a better night tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment