Thursday, March 19, 2015

8 months old

I can hardly believe William is 8 months old!  Wasn't he just born??  My bathroom scale said he was 20lbs.  He is an eating machine!  I have not found a food he doesn't like.  I thought for a minute that he didn't like broccoli, but that was a very short phase.  By the second time he tried it, he was gobbling it up like everything else.  Back at the beginning of the month, William had 2 teeth on the bottom but was working on four more on the top.  We went through a bad sleep strike for about two weeks while he was working on those.  Last week all four came through in a matter of days!  I would probably be cranky too if I had to cut four teeth through my sensitive gums.  The nice thing about the second baby is that your realize that "this too shall pass."  I remember with Eliana, I felt like every time she went through a rough patch with sleeping was the end of the world.  I could never figure out why she wasn't sleeping and would be pulling my hair out with stress and fatigue.  When William wasn't sleeping, I was definitely cranky and tired, but I also probably correctly guessed from the beginning that it was from his teeth.  So I didn't stress out about it so much because I knew that he would get better once he got those four teeth through.  He is doing much better now.  In fact, he has slept through the night two out of the last three nights! 
William is not mobile yet.  He can spin in circles, roll all over the place, and manages to get into every corner of his crib, but he isn't crawling yet.  He is getting close though!  A couple of times I have seen him trying to get on his knees.  He can't push himself all the way up quite yet, but I know it won't be long.  I am not looking forward to babyproofing again.  What am I going to do about the stairs to the basement?!  Or all of Eliana's small toys?  Maybe William can just slow down and stop growing up into this little boy that I see every day now instead of my tiny baby. 

He cracks me up!


Two teeth!

My mom gave William a cookie to celebrate being 8 months old.  She claimed it was just like a teething biscuit.

I think he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment