Sunday, March 8, 2015

My heart said I love you

Friday was not a very good day in the Bond household.  Eliana has given up napping entirely.  We try to have "quite time" each day, but that is a struggle.  William is teething and going through separation anxiety and is an 8 month old baby, so who knows what's going on with him.  But he has not been sleeping well lately either.  Besides getting up all night long, on Friday, he took a 15 min nap in the morning and a 30 min nap in the afternoon.  In between, there was a lot of crying and holding.  So I was extremely cranky and not at my parenting best.  I had been short with Eliana all day and was making her go to time out for any little thing.  Finally I was able to get William to go down for another nap late in the afternoon.  When I came out of his room, Eliana was building a tower.  She said, "Mom, I built this tower for you to say 'I love you.'  See the flower on top?  My heart said I love you so I built this tower."  Oh Eliana!  I gave her a big hug and cried and said I love you too.  How did she know that was just what I needed even though I had been so cross with her all day?  (To me, this is a reflection of God's love - no matter how we much we fight with Him, he is always ready to turn around and say "I love you."  There is sweet Eliana, teaching me things every day). 



Eliana gave him a hat :)



Playing Jumping Jack in the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment