Thursday, March 19, 2015

TBT: William's baptism

Throw Back Thursday:  Remember way back in October when our sweet little William was baptized and became a new little member of the Catholic Church?  I know, long time ago.  But I thought you would enjoy these pictures.  William was baptized at St. Brendan's Catholic Church by Deacon Doug along with two other babies.  My brother Michael and sister Abby are his Godparents.  William was awake but pretty calm for the sacrament.   One thing I did notice was that the chrism oil St. B uses is not nearly as fragrant as the oil used at St. John's.  I missed the long lasting smell that Eliana had when she was baptized.  No matter though.  What a blessing to have God's grace poured upon our son, and have him initiated into the Church.  It was a great day for our family!

He looks excited.  I forgot how little he was back then!

David's mom gave me David's baptismal outfit but our big guy was a little too big.  So he got a fancy new outfit to wear.  I thought the hat was really cute, but it might be just a little over the top. 


He didn't even cry!  Just surprised.

Eliana was very curious about baptism.  She asked a lot of questions like why William needed to be baptized.  She also asked who else had been baptized ("Mom, will you be baptized?  Will Dad?...").  She also had a hard time at first knowing that she had been baptized, but once she accepted that fact, then she told me that she remembered it (she was 6 weeks old).

William with his Godmother Abby.

So photogenic



Welcome to the Church!

We had a small party at our house after the baptism.  Eliana and William with David's side of the family.

William saying a prayer with Grandmama
My mom and William.

He looks so tiny in my dad's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment