Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Snow Day

In honor of the snow we got yesterday (we have been watching too much Frozen - it has caused Columbus to be in an Eternal Winter.  Spring, where are you??), I will share some of our snow pictures from January and February.

Last winter Eliana hated the snow and sledding.  She would cry if it got on her gloves or shoes.  This winter, however, she has learned the joy of playing in the snow, making snowmen, and sledding.  Which is really good since this winter is neverending! 

We brought some snow inside to play with when it was too cold to go outside.  I filled up William's little bathtub and let Eliana have fun with some of her sandbox toys.

She thought it was pretty cool to have snow (which belongs outside) in our kitchen!

On slightly warmer days, we actually went outside.  I knew that little hill in our backyard would be a hit this winter!



So excited!  We built a little snowman named Olaf.  He likes warm hugs.

If you look closely, you can see the tail Eliana added.

Sledding down the little hill in the backyard.  One time Eliana asked if I wanted to go sledding.  I tried, but for some reason I couldn't make it down the tiny hill in the tiny purple sled. :)
It was like mountain climbing for Eliana to make it up the hill.  She was dressed in very thick snow pant and boots, which impaired her movement in the first place.  Then add 7 inches of snow, and Eliana would often need help or have to crawl up on her hands and knees.

One of her favorite activities: eating "ice cream"
I had sooo much fun playing with Eliana in the snow.  I love seeing her discover new things.  Her eyes would be shining with excitement and her cheeks pink from the cold while she squealed with joy.  She came up with lots of creative things to do like sliding down the hill on her belly, throwing snow in the air and shouting "Make Believe!", and making tons of snow angels.  After playing outside, we would come in and drink hot chocolate.  Sometimes being a mom is the absolute best job in the world!!  I wonder if she will remember these moments?  I know I will always treasure them.

And where was William while we were playing in our winter wonderland?

my sweet little baby taking a nap
I also love looking at my sleeping babies (my little one and my big girl).  Am I the only mom who sneaks into her children's rooms at night to watch them sleep?  They are so precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment