Monday, June 22, 2015

Sick Days

It has been some sad times here in the Bond household.  All last week, the kids and David were sick with a bad GI bug.  It was an awful time.  William cried a lot.  He would throw up, and then look at me with the saddest eyes I have ever seen and start wailing.  David slept a lot, and Eliana had such bad cabin fever I thought she might bounce off the walls.  Between the three of them getting up all night, I never slept more than a few hours in a row the entire week.  Although I was not sick, I felt pretty bad myself.  On top of all this GI stuff, it also rained all week.  So we were all stuck inside the house all week together.  We couldn't go to the library or COSI because of the risk of sharing our germs, and we couldn't to a park because of the constant downpour.  Eliana was feeling better by the end of the week, so we did venture out a few times in the rain with our raincoats.  On Thursday we were working in the garden a little bit and I found a gigantic worm.  Eliana loves worms and played with it the rest of the time we were outside.  When it started raining harder, we had to go inside so I told her to put the worm back in the dirt.  She told me that she put it under the bush, but I noticed her looking furtively at her pocket on her raincoat as we went inside.  So of course when I checked her pocket, there was a great big worm in there.  Sorry Eliana, worms go outside. 

Slowly everyone has started feeling better again.  William hasn't thrown up since Saturday, and he was the one sick the longest.  I thought we were in the clear, and then out of the blue Eliana started running a fever today.  She was breaking my heart just crying on the couch.  She seemed a little better by the time I tucked her into bed.  Say a prayer for health for our family.  We could use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment