Thursday, January 26, 2012

Family Vacation!

Eliana looks so big and old in this picture!
Already a Boilermaker

All dressed up and ready to go out without Baby Girl

Sunday through Tuesday David, Eliana, and I took our first little family vacation.  David had an interview at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.  Since my sister and brother live up that way, Eliana and I decided to tag along.  The car ride put her to sleep, so really it was a pretty easy trip.  We stopped several times along the way to change her and let her eat (plus a stop in West Lafayette to let Mom and Dad eat...).  We met up with my friends Shane, Liz, and Mike for lunch in ol' Purdue land.  And then many hours later we had made it to Madison!  We stayed with my sister Abby's boyfriend Mike who lives in Madison.  He was so nice to house us for two nights.  Mike even made us a changing table out of what looked like a tool chest.  The big adventure of our trip, at least for me, was going out to dinner Sunday night.  David and I went to his night-before-the-interview dinner.  Just the two of us - no Eliana.  She got to stay with Aunt Abby, Mike, and Uncle Michael.  Apparently she was a hungry girl.  While we were gone, she ate almost 9 oz of breastmilk in less than 3 hours!  Dinner was really nice especially since we hadn't been out since Eliana was born.  I even had a drink with dinner for the first time in 9 months!  You don't realize what a treat it is to go out until you have a baby in the house.  So a big thank you to Abby, Mike, and Michael for babysitting!  (I wish I had remembered to take a picture of all of them with Eliana. oh well)

David seemed to think the interview went pretty well and was impressed by the program.  So will we end up in Madison in a few months?  I guess we will just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment