Friday, January 20, 2012

The Many Faces of Eliana






She's a very expressive girl!

David flew out to Omaha, Nebraska yesterday for a residency interview.  He was supposed to come home tonight but because of weather in Chicago, his flight got cancelled.  That means Baby Girl and I have the apartment to ourselves for another night.  David is almost done with all his interviews.  He just has two left:  University of Wisconsin in Madison on Monday and Loyola on Thursday.  Match Day is March 16, so in less than two months we find out where we will be living for the next 3 years!  In other family news, I saw a urologist on Tuesday.  He said the kidney stone was likely related to changes in my body from pregnancy.  That's good to hear because that means I am lower risk for developing them again.  And I would really prefer not to go through that again ...  I did pass the stone this week so luckily no further intervention is needed. 

Wednesday evening David and I attended a Baptism Preparation class for Eliana.  What a huge responsibility parenthood is!  We learned the role of the Domestic Church (the family) in bringing up our daughter in the faith.  God sure puts a lot of trust in us to take care of his special gift.  Our faith should be so much a part of our household that Eliana breathes it in and out every minute of every day.  I feel very unprepared for this vastly important role.  However, that is why God gives us grace.  At Baptism, God will pour his grace on Eliana and she will forever be bound to him as his special daughter.  No matter where she goes in life, God will always be there calling her closer to him.  Isn't that a beautiful thing?  I'm so excited about her receiving this sacrament!

No comments:

Post a Comment